An installation for the Museum & Learning Center at the New York Fed highlights community engagement across the region.
“Wish You Were Here” vintage postcards meets Mid-Century Modern vibes meets 15th Century Medici Polazzo
- 5,000 square feet
- Registered Historic Landmark
- Permanent exhibit; fabricated with 10 year lifespan
- 4 new vendors; In-house facilities
- 20k visitors each year; Public and Student Audience
- 24+ original illustrations; developed from historical and economic data, in partnership with regional economist
- 18+ original content elements; Researched sourced from annual reports and departmental information
Greetings From the Second District features the New York Fed’s regional and economic diversity of the Federal Reserve’s Second District, including New York State, the twelve northern counties of New Jersey, Fairfield County in Connecticut, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The exhibit illustrates many of the regional business, industries and communities, in addition to a selection of community development and education programs offered across the district.
Vintage postcards activate the existing stone wall for a “wish you were here” vibe. The exhibit feature 250+ originally sourced postcards to showcase a breadth of local gems. To preserve the historic stone, sourced fixtures were installed at the grout line.
Four 6ft vitrines are positioned along existing stone columns. Each of the custom units feature objects from key regional industries. Objects were sourced in partnership w/Community Development team.and selected with a curatorial eye to charm and nostalgia
- For added visual depth, fabricated elements were raised 1-2 inches from the wall.
- Each of the 30+ original illustrations were developed in partnership with regional economics.
- The reading rail projects from the wall and creates a shallow yet tactile depth.
- In consideration of the baseboard, each wall features illustrations of regional cities.